Proceedings of LAS. Section A. Editorial policy
The editorial policy of the academic journal “Latvijas Zinātņu Akadēmijas Vēstis. A daļa: Humanitārās un sociālās zinātnes” (Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences, further in text “Proceedings of LAS, Section A”, strives to adhere to the COPE Core Practices.
The editorial policy describes in detail, how the main principles of publishing of the journal Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences as set forth in the “Statutes of the scientific journal of the Latvian Academy of Sciences “Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences”” are implemented regarding the Section A.
It describes in details regarding the Section A of “Proceedings of LAS”:
- relevant normative acts,
- the aim and the scope of the journal,
- the content policy,
- main requirements for submission of articles,
- type and procedure of peer review,
- how the decision on publishing is taken,
- publishing procedure,
- principles of selection of managers and editors of the journal, as well as peer reviewers.
- quality assurance system,
- the procedure of archiving and retention of manuscripts and other documents,
- registering of publishing activities,
- main principles of publication ethics.
These principles are harmonised with the internal quality assurance system and publication ethics principles.
The editorial policy lists electronically available administrative and technical forms (available for download HERE), establishes journal’s standing (open access journal), explains availability of the journal and some technical issues.
Download full document „Editorial policy of the journal “Latvijas Zinātņu Akadēmijas Vēstis. A daļa: Humanitārās un sociālās zinātnes” (Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences. Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences)” for additional information.